donderdag 27 maart 2014

The Semper Fidelis Award: Jade "Jade's Jungle" Reyner

semper-fidelis-award

A bit about Jade
Hi! I’m Jade and I started writing in February 2013 without a clue as to what I was doing. All I knew was that writing a novel was on my bucket list and that having done a Creative Writing course, I felt ready to give it a go.

This blog is my journey and since then I have somehow managed to write not one, but two novels. Twelve Days – The Beginning was published in April 2013 and I have just finished writing the sequel Twelve Days – The Future, which I am hoping to publish in early 2014. There are plenty more projects in the pipeline, and other books in the Twelve Days series. I think you can safely say that I have the bug! I also write the odd bit of poetry which you will see on here from time to time.

Jade has a great blog and blogs about personal life, human interest, poetry and much more

Although you know the rules probably here they are ones more.

This award stands for the loyalty and love between friends.

The Rules:

  • Add the Semper Fidelis Award logo somewhere on your blog.

  • Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.

  • Nominate 5 bloggers who’s loyalty and friendship you value and you consider being part of your ‘pack of wolves’ on WordPress.

  • Post something special for all of your nominees separately and dedicate it to them. This can be a quote, saying, poem, picture, anything you think that would fit that person.

  • Let the nominees know that you’ve nominated them.


 

The Guardian by Rick Cantalupo 2005


You run like a spirit on a moon-lit night
And you travel the woodlands without a fright
Shifting through leaves like the midnight air
Nobody can see you but you are there
Like a guardian angel you follow the silent trail
Protecting your pack and helping the frail
Your eyes are never filled with hate and detest
And you're always making sure everyone is safe before you can rest
With your ears back and your nose pointed towards the heavens above
You let out a howl and start singing with love.
Everybody then knows it's safe and that morning will be there soon
As they listen to your song while you sing to the moon.
So if you hear shifting of the leaves, don't run and hide
It's just your guardian walking by your side

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dula8v0ksxM

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten